Sunday 15 January 2012

blue my mind

as a teenager, i was a little bit of a punk. i frequently went to punk concerts, never brushed my hair and wore spikey cuffs and lots of other punky accessories. i remember always looking through second hand clothing shops for the perfect tartan miniskirt to go with my green doc martins. anyway, it turns out a little bit of that punk teenager lives on in me as i foray into the diy hair colouring world, opting for bits of blue scattered throughout my mop (much to my mother's dismay).

i have done this once recently, inspired by lauren conrad (my hair idol, i swear if she can do it, so can i!), however last time i opted for colouring all of the ends of my hair, and was a little timid on the amount of colour i used. this time, i went nuts! i scrubbed some fudge 'blue hawaii' into a long thick section at the base of my skull and left it on for 20 minutes before merely rinsing it off, rather than shampooing like i did last time. the results were amazing! such bright vibrant blue and i love how it only shows through in small sections underneath my hair.


 (the dye and my disposable gloves afterward)


 (look how bright and blue it is!)


(blue flash)

i think its over for my unnatural hair colouring, i reckon two times a charm. i'm sure mum will be pleased!

No comments:

Post a Comment