Thursday 2 February 2012

photo bomb my wall

late last yeah i purchased a fujifilm mini instax camera, thanks to chloe making me become somewhat jealous of hers. anyway i love how fun an instant camera is and how you are a little more selective of the pictures you actually take with it, given you only get one shot. there have been a few events recently where i have been taking these snaps, although having no place to display them was not motivating me to take my little pink camera out any more often. enter photo board diy!
 
as i am sure you are well aware now i have been taking the diy craze by storm lately, obsessing over a bunch of incredibly inspiring blogs and filling up my ipad with pictures and links to all the projects i want to tackle. so making some photo displays was the perfect opportunity to put my diy skills and my creativity to the test!
 
originally i wanted a long piece of cork board to pin the photos to, given that i have the perfect space in my house with three hooks all lined up. when i couldn't find large pieces of cork to cut down to size, i was slightly defeated. trawling through bunnings recently looking for inspiration i found cork floor tiles in packs of 6. i immediately changed my idea to incorporate three boards instead of one long one. then down the fixings isle i saw some little hooks and then got some twine and viola! my photo boards were born!


 
i just screwed the hooks in by hand and tied the twine to each hook (after some precise measuring i might add, probably the most difficult part of the project).
 
after purchasing all the items i decided i didn't want to go punch holes (albeit tiny holes) into my precious instax photos so instead i strung them up like little washing lines.

 
now i just need to take a few more happy snaps to fill up the boards!


No comments:

Post a Comment